HumanCo is a purpose-driven holding company that is committed to creating products which help people live healthier lives. The name HumanCo connotes our mission to make the world healthier by humanizing consumer products and bringing distinctive, good-for-you brands and products to consumers everywhere. Using strict evidence-based ingredient guardrails, HumanCo is restoring trust and quality in consumer products by investing in and building health-first, impactful companies that are focused on cleaner living and environmental sustainability. Learn more at humanco.com and @humancobrands on Instagram.
This role will play a key part in month end close, budgeting, and financial reporting across the entire company. You’ll own the cash management function, establish the company’s internal controls, and be the go-to person for external auditors. Additionally, you’ll get to work across all internal brands and spearhead the process of optimizing the allocation of cash, resources, and capital expenditures that ultimately provide the greatest return to the company. This person will become the accounting authority and a quantitative resource that the business will tap to maximize its continued growth.
- Oversee the growth and development of the accounting function and manage the build out of a well-oiled accounting team that can scale with the organization.
- Provide strategic insight into our platform’s plan to help improve financial tracking, budgeting, and controls to support the company’s continued growth.
- Manage the accuracy and productivity of day-to-day of accounts payable, cash disbursements, invoicing/billing, customer credits and collections, and other inhouse and third-party accounting resource activities.
- Manage commercial banking relationships to facilitate an appropriate credit resource under highly competitive terms.
- Maintain a system of controls over accounting transactions.
- Ensure timely payment of payables and completion of monthly bank reconciliations.
- Provide financial analyses and ad-hoc reports as needed.
- Assist in development, improvement and delivery of timely monthly financial records for management level reporting.
- Manage and support tax return preparation with external accountants.
- Maintain our capitalization tables and profit interest grants and statements.
- Collaborate with GMs and Operational leadership to support the business and manage stakeholder relationships.
- Carry out M&A due diligence and post-acquisition activities to include integration of people, processes, and technology
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related discipline required
- CPA preferred; Big Four or large regional public accounting background desired
- 10-15+ years of progressive accounting experience with experience building and/or leading a team
- Professional experience in CPG or manufacturing is ideal
- Expert level knowledge of US GAAP
- Previous professional experience in a cloud-based ERP system like NetSuite; experience implementing an ERP system is a huge plus
- Working knowledge of short and long term budgeting and forecasting, rolling budgets, and product-line profitability analysis
- Professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- A desire to get your hands dirty in a small company where your work matters
Interested candidates should submit their resume at Humanco.com for consideration.
HumanCo is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.